Monday, November 8, 2010

Who is this Masked Man

Aaron Corcoran (Zorro or Pimp?)Being that I am new to the 3-Day Blogging scene, I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about myself (a five minute synopsis).  The portrait to the right is a self portrait, so don’t hold it against me.

My name is Aaron Corcoran and I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO.  After graduating from high school in 1995, I moved to Baton Rouge, LA to begin my college career.  During my undergraduate years at Louisiana State University, I fell in love with my wife-to-be, Lora.  We courted for a few years prior to our engagement, then married in May 2003.  We continued our graduate studies at LSU.

A few years later (April 2006), we had our first child, Julia.  She is the epitome of frilliness.  If she could wear a princess dress on a daily basis, she would without hesitation.

During this timeframe, it was impressed in our heart to move out of Louisiana, so we packed up and moved to Dallas, TX (Frisco for those that are familiar with the area).  Although it was difficult moving away from my family and our church family, we knew it was the right place for us to plant our roots.

We became involved in the local church, met wonderful friends, and truly feel at home.

After settling into Frisco, we had our second child, Aaron Jr. (October (Halloween) 2008).  He is the complete opposite of Julia and is a boy’s boy.  Destruction and messiness follows him wherever he goes.  He is my little tornado of love, as he is such a caring and loving boy.

So what does this have to do with the 3-Day?  Well, you’ve already read my first post, but there are so many other reason’s I walk.  I can’t imagine what my life would be should my wife, my daughter, or even my son contracted such a horrible disease.  I walk so they won’t have to!  I want them to grow up where a cure exists, so I joined an amazing group of people (Team Tiara) who share the same vision and with the help of friends and loved ones, I was able to raise the necessary amount to walk in the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in Dallas.

After that, I realized I can’t just stop there.  Although we (the DFW walk) raised over 7 million dollars that will aid in this vision, so much more is needed.  I am now saving up to register for the 2011 walk ($90 registration fee) and will begin my fundraising to once again walk for those who have been impacted by this horrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment