Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful

Thankful for my FamilyAlthough thanks should always be given throughout the year, the Thanksgiving holiday serves as a reminder for this very sentiment.  We are all so busy with the hustle and bustle of daily life that often times we forget to step back and give thanks for all we have been provided.  The increased usage of smart phones doesn’t seem to actually be increasing my smarts!  In fact, I let it serve as one of the many distractions that keeps me from giving thanks on a recurring basis.

Although Thanksgiving is just one day, I urge you to put down your distractions for a bit and look around.  Look at all of the things that you have to be thankful for.  I have a beautiful wife and two wonderful children.  Although they should serve as a constant reminder to me, there are times that I take all of it for granted.  Oh yes, I admit it, there are times when I “expect” certain things and when those things don’t occur in a timely manner, my irritability meter rises.

I dedicate this post to my family, who have inspired me, walked with me, cheered me on, and have challenged me to help fight the cause of breast cancer in 2010 and again in 2011.  Thank you for your help, your inspiration, and the time you’ve taken to allow me to train for the event.  You are truly a gift.  I thank all of my past donors who allowed me the ability to walk 60 miles in 2010 and pray that existing and new donors will be able to join me in the cause in 2011.

During this Thanksgiving season, remember all of the people you are thankful for.  I challenge you to think of someone who has been affected by breast cancer and be thankful that they have impacted your life.  And now it is your turn, take some time this Thanksgiving to make a real difference.  Help donate to the my 60 mile journey in 2011.  All donations are tax-deductible and with your donation, please provide a name of why you decided to donate.  This name will be donned on my living cape and will serve as a reminder of how people never forget those that have impacted their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment