Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Web

Technorati.comIn an effort to better spread the word about this blog, I’ve signed up for an account on Technorati.  Now, I am not sure what type of activity will stem from such an affair, however, one of the steps is to “claim your blog”.  To verify that you are actually who you say you are, you must place a key inside one of your posts.

If you are not familiar with Technorati and have a blog set up, I highly recommend that you sign up for a free account and go through the claim process.  It can’t hurt to start spreading the word and draw more visitors to your site.

QZ6EVRPUQXPG

Another way that really helps draw attention to your site and your cause is cross-linking.  If anyone else has a blog relating to breast cancer awareness or the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure and would like to “share” links, please let me know and let’s start networking!

I figured instead of trying to find a zany way of placing that key and relating it to the 3-Day or breast cancer, I might as well do a post about posting.  You won’t see any more of these in the future, however, I felt it was important to draw as much traffic to the site as possible.  Not for my own recognition of course, but to help increase the awareness of breast cancer, as well as a selfish plug for donations for my 2011 3-Day journey.  These are tax deductible of course!

There I did it, I was able to relate a technical post to breast cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment