Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Donation Cards

Donation CardFor last year’s walk, I used e-mail as my primary source of fundraising and was able to meet my goal.  This year, I have a feeling things are going to be a bit more involved in order to reign in the donations.

While reading through a variety of friendly Tweets on the subject, the idea of a business card came about.  I was intrigued as VistaPrint usually runs deals that allow anywhere from 250-500 cards to be printed for the cost it takes to ship the product.  The best deal I found right now was 500 cards for $3.00 + shipping.

Several others mentioned that the cards really helped them spread the word to others and provided a great method for word of mouth donations.  It just makes sense, as emails are very easy to delete, verbal discussions tend to get lost in the shuffle, mailers are wonderful, but let’s be honest, they are expensive, so business cards seem to be a great middle ground for the budget conscience.

I’ve come up with design that I felt spread the word and was friendly on the eyes and wanted to hear about your experiences with business cards.  Has it helped?  How many did you go through?  Would you do it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment