Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Breast Man Walking

Breast Man WalkingAlthough I’ve heard that men can be diagnosed with breast cancer, I recently had the honor to talk with a couple involved in the 3-Day, whose husband had been the one affected by this disease.  We all know breast cancer can occur in men, yet we often associate this disease with women just due to the overwhelming statistics. 

“Breast cancer in men is rare. However, an estimated 1,970 new cases of male breast cancer will be diagnosed in the United States in 2010. Overall incidence of breast cancer is 1.3 per 100,000 men, compared to 123 per 100,000 women.” For more in depth information, I encourage you to visit Breast Facts for Men.

While talking with the Giller’s, they mentioned that they sell t-shirts to help raise money for their 3-Day journeys.  I wanted to provide you an opportunity to donate to the cause and although the proceeds of the t-shirts do not directly impact my 3-Day journey, they do help the Giller’s on their own journey.  In the end, all proceeds go to the same place to help find a cure. 

The shirts are selling for $25.00 (which includes shipping) and are in honor of Kathy Giller’s husband, a breast cancer survivor.  I’ve attached a picture so you can get an idea of the shirt’s design (printed on front and back).  If interested, please contact Kathy directly: ksgiller@gmail.com. Let her know you found the shirt through this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Aaron, I'm loving your blog!!! With all that's been going on, I haven't been able to keep the pink going over here. So it's great to get my Pink Fix through you!!! So glad you're our Tiara-Man!!!!

    ReplyDelete