March Madness is right around the corner and many of you will be glued to the warm glow of the television during this glorious tournament. In fact, many of you may join various pools and brackets to make the tournament a bit more interesting in your eyes. Why not join a charity tournament, one that will not only make the tournament more intriguing, but also helps find a cure for breast cancer through the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure foundation.
This year I will be hosting a charity bracket pool on CBS Sportsline. The site does all of the heavy lifting and only takes a couple of minutes for you to sign up for an account. So here are the rules:
- Entry fee is $10 – a paltry amount for the enjoyment you will gain…and remember, it all goes towards a great cause.
- 50% of the proceeds will go directly to the charity, while the other 50% will be used to pay off the overall bracket winner. This amount will increase as more players sign up, so please don’t hesitate to pass this around to friends, family, and coworkers. There is no limit who can sign up…the more the merrier.
- It is extremely easy to sign up, simply point your browser to: http://the3day.mayhem.cbssports.com/e
- Once you are registered on CBS Sportsline, the bracket does require a password: charity
- At this point you are registered and once the brackets become available, just pick who you think will win each game in the tournament. The system will handle the scoring and determine the winner via the scores.
Again, this is for a GREAT cause and the entry fee for the pool is only $10.
For questions or more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Payments can be made in cash, via PayPal, or directly to my 3-Day site (tax-deductible) if you prefer an electronic method.